PHONE SYSTEM | VIDEO | LIVE CHAT
GETTING STARTED WITH 3CX
This user guide is a good starting point to comprehend the most essential features whether you’re using the Web Client, mobile apps or a deskphone.
This 3CX phone system provides all the tools you need to communicate effectively so you can call, chat or video conference with your team & customers.
3CX on IOS or Android
The 3CX Client
Login to the Web Client
- Open the “Your User Account on your New 3CX System” email.
- Click the Web Client URL.
- Login with Google, MS 365, or use the credentials in the email.
Download the Windows / Mac Desktop App
- Click the OS icon on the left menu > “Install”.
- Click “Provision” to automatically connect the App.
Manage your status & queues
- Set your status by clicking on your Avatar: 5 options available.
- Your status changes to yellow when your line is busy.
- Customise status / forwarding rules: “Avatar > Your Name > Status”.
Video / Audio Conferencing
Create an ad hoc video / audio conference
- Open Web Client / Desktop App > “Meet”.
- Allow 3CX to access your camera and microphone > “Join Now”
- To invite participants, copy the link or share via WhatsApp, email.
Schedule a conference
- Click “+” in the top menu to create a video / audio conference.
- Fill in the details > select calendar > “Create Meeting”.
- Click on “Scheduled Conferences” to view them.
Turn any call into a conference
- During the call, select “Conference” in the phone dialler.
- Search by name or extension, or add a phone number.
- Select your participant/s and they will be automatically dialled.
Using your Desk Phone
Make a call
- From the phone: Dial the number > hit “Send” or “Enter” button.
- From the Web Client: Select the desk-phone via the dialler.
Transfer a call: Blind transfer
- Fanvil: “Xfer” > dial number > “Xfer”.
- Yealink: “Transfer” > dial number > “B Transfer”.
- Snom: “Transfer” > dial number > “√”.
Transfer a call: Attended Transfer
- Fanvil: “Xfer” > dial number > “Dial” > announce caller > “Xfer”.
- Yealink: “Transfer” > dial number > “Call” > announce caller > “Transfer”.
- Snom: “Transfer” > dial number > “Attended” > announce caller > “Transfer”.
Using SMS, WhatsApp & Live Chat
Start a chat
- Click “Chat” > “+” and select “Start a Chat” or “Create Group Chat” or “Send SMS”. You cannot initiate a Live Chat or a WhatsApp chat.
- Select the extension(s) or number(s) to start chatting.
Receiving a chat
- You can view chat conversations routed to your extension, groups or queues you are a member of.
- Distinguish between Live Chat, WhatsApp & SMS by their respective icons.
Handling a chat
- Choose chat, click the menu and select between “Transfer”, “Take” or other options enabled by administrator.
- To transfer the chat, search for agent by name or extension number.
Update your Status
- In Microsoft 365, go to your Calendar and add meeting.
- During meeting Status will update to “Away” or “Do Not Disturb”.
Launch calls from the Microsoft 365 interface
- Ensure you have the Desktop App installed.
- Click on any number in MS 365, for the dialler to initiate the call.
Create new contacts
- Create your contacts in Microsoft 365.
- 3CX will automatically sync with MS 365 to update contacts.
Using 3CX with Microsoft 365
Set your voicemail via Web Client / Desktop App
- Go to “Avatar > Your Name > Greetings”.
- Record a new greeting or upload a pre-recorded message.
- You can have different greetings per status.
Set your voicemail greeting via Deskphone
- Dial the voicemail number indicated in your user account email.
- Enter your PIN and then press “#”.
- Select option “9” then “8” and then “0” to record.
- Press “#” to end the recording and “0” to save.
Listen to your voicemail messages
- From smartphone: Tap on “Voicemail”.
- From Web Client / Desktop App: Click “…” > “Voicemail”.
- From Deskphone: Dial your voicemail number or hit “Voicemail / Message”, enter PIN, press “#” and then “*” to play messages.